Re: Fail-safe for keyless entry

"Robert Green" wrote:

> I've got the typical minivan keyless entry keychain fob
> but it's got a serious design problem.
>
> The buttons depress too easily and often accidentally
> when the fob is pushed into a pocket or a purse.  It's
> happened more than once, so it's time to do something
> about it.

Robert, this is a fairly common problem. Can you reprogram
the receiver?  If so, set it so that it will only trip upon two
successive signals within say a 2- or 3-second interval.

If reprogramming the receiver isn't an option, consider
replacing it with something that does.  These systems are
inexpensive to build from scratch and may prove to be an
entertaining project.

I can help you select parts if you like though technically
I've retired from my online business.

Regards,
Robert