Re: modify MC10A

On Sep 13, 4:00=A0pm, jjlcubas <jjlcu...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sep 13, 2:44=A0am, Charles Sullivan <cwsul...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:56:55 -0700, jjlcubas wrote:
> > > Hi, does any body knows, how can I modify MC10(MINI CONTROLLER) for
> > > 220-230v?
> > > regards
> > > Thanks
>
> > Try this website:http://www.idobartana.com/hakb/index.htm
>
> > There's a 110V->220V mod for the MiniController but the instructions ma=
> > or may not match your particular circuit board version.
>
> Ok, I know, but it is another model.., and doesn=B4t work.
> Thanks

Generically, there are 2 ways to do this. The first is where you
change the capacitors / resistors / MOVs in the original to new
values; but, if you dont have the schematic, or want to fiddle with
the insides, give this a miss.

The second procedure involves no mods to the original. use a 230-
to-110 volts step-down transformer. Make sure its a transformer, NOT a
triac / SCR based adapter. These transformers are actually
autotransformers (single centre tapped winding), and its a simple
matter to add a 0.1 uF capacitor to jump the signal to the "other"
side.

Its all there on Ido's site; its just not very easy to find, or give
the direct URL on account of the frames. Anyway, its also replicated
at http://www.hometoys.com/htinews/apr00/articles/ido/ido.htm

Hope this helps. If you need any more information, just ask!

Regards,

Anand Dhuru

ardhuru@xxxxxxxxx