Re: VU1 ESL bulbs with HA dimmers?

aloe65 had written this in response to
http://forums.cabling-design.com/homeautomation/VU1-ESL-bulbs-with-HA-dimmers-18550-.htm
 :
Dave,

Pure Spectrum is about to release a CFL that is dimmable with a
conventional dimmer.  It will smooothly dim to 10% with an "instant on"
capability too.  They have an extremely high power factor(.96) and the
power useage will be proprtional to the dimming level that you have set,
whic his a great conservation aspect.  The light level is supposed to be
very good and it will be "cold to the touch" also.  Unlike a lot of new
technology like LED's and ESL's, they will be in the $4-$6 range, and not
$20-$25.  There is a lot of junk on the market shelves these days with
reference to CFL's, I believe this bulb has addressed all the concerns
that consumers have to CFL's.  I am waiting for it to hit the market.

-------------------------------------
unfrostedpoptart wrote:

> I've just been reading about VU1's new ESL bulb technology (http://
> www.vu1.com).  Looks really good and seems to address a lot of the
> problems of CFL and LED. They specifically talk about (and show) that
> it dims smoothly on normal dimmers.  I was wondering if anyone knows
> how they would work with X10/Insteon/etc electronic dimmers and the
> infamous local-control problems.

> I've given up on adding any more HA gear until there's a good,
> inexpensive, high-efficiency, light bulb available that I can actually
> dim!

>  David

|            http://forums.cabling-design.com/             |
|              *** a better way to USENET ***              |
| no-spam Web and RSS interface to your favorite newsgroup |
|   comp.home.automation - 16677 messages and counting!    |