Re: Garage door control

> Those keypads are presumably plug-and-play, which means they'd
> autmatically be configured into my graphics console.  If I can find
> out how to stop that and use it from a background script instead, I
> could make it work.

It's linux so you ought to be able to configure the USB driver to handle it
accordingly.  But I'm no expert on linux usb.  I'd look for how to do
something like setup multiple graphic sessions on the same machine.  The
idea being to isolate each keyboard, mouse and video adapter to a separate
"desktop session".   Seems like you ought to be able to do it.   It would
probably be "simpler" to have two video cards actually present, rather than
trying to cajole some sort of virtual one to work.

But I don't know that I'd bother trying to use anything other than a secure
keypad designed for outdoor security use.  This has to be well-plowed
territory already.

-Bill Kearney