> >http://www.bbb.org/west-florida/business-reviews/computer-parts-suppl...
>
> > Jim Rojas
>
> > RKingFish wrote:
> > > Buyer Beware:
>
> > >www.home-automation.us.com
>
> > > rated F by BBB.
>
> > > you have been warned!
>
> > >http://www.bbb.org/west-florida/business-reviews/electric-equipment-t...
>
> RHC: Jim, I think we can all safely assume he posted this as just
> another attempt to stir up old troubles in the newsgroup.

>Perhaps but why is it people only take the BBB seriously when they get
>good ratings yet when it's bad suddenly it's a worthless indicator?

Its hard for me to put much faith in an organization that appears, at least
in my opinion, to use membership in the BBB as part of its ratings criteria.

I rate a B-, even though its apparent from the text below that the only
thing the BBB knows about my business is that I'm not a member of the BBB,
I'm fairly sure my rating would improve if I sent them a cheque and became a
member.

  B- Rating    Our opinion of what this rating means:
A good rating that still implies reputability. The rating may relate
 to length of time in business, a past problem that's been corrected,
or something else that does not cause problems for consumers. We believe
a  company with this rating would generally conduct business and respond
to any  complaints satisfactorily.
      We have received no complaints against this company.
      We know of no government action taken against this company.
      This company's nature of business is under review
      This company is not an accredited business. This fact does not
      disparage the company in any way

Doug