Re: X10 and LED incandescent replacement bulbs

Mark wrote:
> I hate CFLs so am experimenting with LED incandescent replacement
> bulbs.  My first attempt is with a C.Crane CC Vivid+ LED bulb.  This
> unit is only useful as a night light as it has very low output.  But,
> using it with a LM465 Lamp Module it does dim.  However, when OFF it
> still produces a dim light, presumably from the LM465 sense current.
>
> My question is:  Is this type of dim-even-when-OFF behavior going to
> happen with ALL LED bulbs I may want to use (with an LM465 or
> similar)?  Or is it a try-it-and-see type of thing?

I've used LED xmas lights the last few years, and what I ended up doing
was either adding a night light (7w) or using a 120v relay and an
appliance module.

There are module hacks to eliminate the sense current, but I've not had
success with that change.