Re: Controlling Ceiling Light That Has 2 Switches?

> Problem is that there are two wall switches, each with more than
> two wires and my understanding (and X10 modules) stops at two
> wires.
>
> Is there a way?

Yes, use 3-way X-10 switches.  If they're 3-way switch in there now it could
be a simple change.

For an in-use room it might be problematic to use an automatic shut off
schedule.  You run afoul of turning off the lights just as someone's walking
across the room or on stairs.  Whoops.  I used a motion sensor to help
decide if it was OK to kill the lights.  If motion had been detected within
the last 5 minutes it would postone the shut-off.  Kept the system from
snapping the lights off on me just as I was walking up the steps with my
hands full.

-Bill Kearney