Re: Long Live the Incandescent!

"Bill Kearney" <wkearney99@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : psadnb2KkKxf68HXnZ2dnUVZ_rGdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "Marc_F_Hult" <MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Using Dave's broken logic, there is nothing worth doing because any given
>> use
>> which in turn is only a fraction of the total usage within any of four
>> major
>> energy sectors. There are very roughly 16 use-sector subdivisions so
>> each
>> accounting for ~~6%  -- EACH ONE OF WHICH  needs to be reduced for global
>> efforts to be successful.
>
> Thank you Marc for making that point.  It's not a matter of which ONE is
> the solution.   Every little bit counts.  There is the matter of 'total'
> consumption cost.  But I'm pained to read the endless rants from idiots
> decrying ANY new movement because they've managed to brew up some numbers
> that make it look bad.  The status quo is obviously not working so some
> movement is going to be necessary.  I accept that this will take multiple
> efforts on many different fronts.  Thankfully there are more choices,
> naysayers be damned.

One sector that is not being looked at enough is the Fridge and freezer's
that people have at home...

One of the worst energy dinosaurs fridge that most American have is the old
20+ years fridge that keep our beer cold in the garage..

I've replaced my 7 years old fridge in the kitchen by an energy star one and
took the old one to the garage, and I dropped the very old one to be
recycled properly.

This was 4 month ago, I already see a difference in my electrical
consummation just by that move. (And the beers are still cold ;-))