Re: How to use X10 to protect a plasma screen?

It can not be done soley with X10. ALL the appliance modules, receptacles,
etc that X10 produces use the same solenoid/cam switch, that maintains the
previous state after a power loss. To my knowledge Samrthomes Insteon/X10
appliance modules also maintain previous state, although you might call them
to confirm.
If you want X10 for the remote control capabilities you will need to build
the relay / outlet strip set-up.

I can help with the sourcing ordeal.
http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/category/610/Surge-Protectors/1.html
http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/4PRLY-120N/4PDT-120VAC-ICE-CUBE-RELAY/1.html
http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/LCAC-194/6-BLACK-18/2-POWER-CORD/1.html
http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/category/219/Enclosures/1.html

If you use the suggested relay you can power it from a Lamp Module or a
Socket Rocket (with adapters). Either will remain in the OFF state after a
power failure, until turned back ON with an X10 command.