Re: HAI - RC-80 Thermostat- How do you disable buttons?

On Dec 23 2008, 5:33=A0pm, "..." <b...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to disable local access/changes to an HAI Omnistat RC-80
> thermostat. Physical location is 2nd story. Thermostat will only be used =
> monitor current/outside temp. Temperature changes/adjustments to be made =
via
> console control keypads. I have teenage son that enjoys raising temperatu=
re
> to roasting levels in morning while other members suffer. I believe there
> used to be a technical bulletin or application note on removing or adding=
> jumper to board, but can not find when I could use it. Anyone have this
> helpful info or where located?
>
> Home Automation Industries HAI Omnistat RC-80 Thermostat: Single Stage,
> Heat/Cool, non-lighted version
> HAI - R80 Thermostat- How do you disable buttons?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Toasty

Check page 9 on your installation manual that says" the keys on the
thermostat can be disabled to prevent anyone from controlling the
thermonstat locally. To disable the keys, solder a wire jumper across
the two holes on the circuit boad as shown below"

Good lock
THI