Re: Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

In article <4b3a2232.19333906@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Houston wrote in part:
>don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Don Klipstein) wrote:

<In short, debate on usefulness of reducing nationwide electricity
consumption by 2% by replacing residential incandescents with CFLs>

>>  No, I see it as one of the many fronts that have to be fought to nibble
>>down energy consumption.  In all residences that I lived in ever since I
>>was in one that was mine (even if only rented), the main electricity
>>consumption factors were refrigeration, air conditioning and lighting.
>>Equipment cost for refrigeration and A/C were free as long as I used
>>those provided by the landlord, and the cost of substituting my own is
>>substantial.  I do skimp on use of A/C when I can by wearing skimpier
>>clothing and eating fewer calories (a unit of heatactually) in summer.
>
>Nibbling won't save many polar bears, Maldivians or Bangladeshis.

  No item of energy consumption accounts for anywhere close to a majority.
The only way to make total energy consumption a lot smaller is to slash
energy consumption of a large number of items that are all minorities of
total energy consumption.

 - Don Klipstein (don@xxxxxxxxx)