Re: user forums

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 05:03:02 -0700 (PDT), shollie
<oliver.schoenborn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<57345ea7-339d-4ac6-873d-2539dc598aec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>Hello, I'm new to home automation. Could anyone recommend forum/
>mailing list where home automation experts hang out? In 2000 there
>were over 1000 posts per month on this usenet group now it is only 50,
>where have all those people gone? :)  There must be some popular home
>automation forums and mailing lists somewhere that they have migrated
>to since the web exploded as communication medium... Cheers,
>Oliver

The most general and useful in my opinion is www.cocoontech.com

Manufacturers' forums for PC-centric systems include:
www.homeseer.com
www.charmedquark.com

Forums for hardware (HAI-Omni, JDS-Stargate, UDI-ISY etc ) are also at the
respective manufacturers' sites

Exceptions are/may be ELK M1G hardware platform and Premise Systems
PC-centric software (abandoned by Motorola) which have considerable
traffic/support at www.cocoontech.com.

HTH ... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org