Re: Master Thesis Topic

On Apr 25, 12:14=A0am, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax <dirk.bru...@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> RickH wrote:
> > On Mar 30, 4:20 am, Christo Kleu <christok...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Good day comp.home.automation
>
> >> I am currently doing my Honors in Computer Engineering at University
> >> of Pretoria (South Africa).
> >> While studying, I am doing research regarding my fields of interest
> >> (for my Masters).
>
> >> I find the field of home/building automation very interesting - as it
> >> covers embedded systems (programming) and aspects of networking
> >> (routing/connectivity).
> >> I was wondering if there is anyone in this group with academic
> >> experience that can suggest some topics for a Master Thesis?
>
> >> Any inputs would be appreciated.
>
> >> Christo Kleu
>
> > I would focus on user interfaces, UI simplicity, and research on how
> > to get people to live "naturally" with HA. =A0The survival of HA depend=
> > mostly on this and not on what it can do. =A0If people have to explain
> > how to turn on a light to the next buyer of their home, then there is
> > a huge problem in the HA industry. =A0There are many areas where human
> > interaction can be studied: voice, keypads, programming, ease of
> > ownership, standardization, etc.
>
> And installation.
> Generally it takes a trained technician to set your up HA. Until the
> average user can do it HA will be a niche market for retrofit.
>
> --
> Dirk
>
> http://www.transcendence.me.uk/- Transcendence UKhttp://www.theconsensus.=
org/- A UK political partyhttp://www.onetribe.me.uk/wordpress/?cat=3D5- Our=
 podcasts on weird stuff

Thank you very much for the replies - these sounds like great and fun
areas to research.
Our second semester is from July to December, where we have an subject
"Introduction to Research" - in this subject I can start doing some
research regarding the areas you mentioned previously. Normally we
formulate our Master Thesis proposal from the output of this subject.