Re: Master Thesis Topic

On Mar 30, 4:20=A0am, Christo Kleu <christok...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Good day comp.home.automation
>
> I am currently doing my Honors in Computer Engineering at University
> of Pretoria (South Africa).
> While studying, I am doing research regarding my fields of interest
> (for my Masters).
>
> I find the field of home/building automation very interesting - as it
> covers embedded systems (programming) and aspects of networking
> (routing/connectivity).
> I was wondering if there is anyone in this group with academic
> experience that can suggest some topics for a Master Thesis?
>
> Any inputs would be appreciated.
>
> Christo Kleu

I would focus on user interfaces, UI simplicity, and research on how
to get people to live "naturally" with HA.  The survival of HA depends
mostly on this and not on what it can do.  If people have to explain
how to turn on a light to the next buyer of their home, then there is
a huge problem in the HA industry.  There are many areas where human
interaction can be studied: voice, keypads, programming, ease of
ownership, standardization, etc.