Networking USB

A while ago I posted needing a way to see my USB-based PLI (power line
interface) on my LAN so that I can use the accompanying HA software
remotely.  I picked up one of these Belkin USB to ethernet hubs at
Fry's for about 50 bucks and it works great:

http://www.belkin.com/networkusbhub/

It basically allows you to connect to USB devices over LAN.  I have a
USB power line interface that I was tired of carrying around if I
wanted to use the laptop somewhere else.  Now I leave the USB
powerline interface plugged into the Belkin remotely and I can
allocate it for use from any wired (or wireless) computer in my LAN.

I can also see my cameras, printers, ipod, picture frame, etc. on the
LAN now.  Nice solution although it wont work with streaming type
devices like cameras, it's working fine with HA software and a USB
PLI.