Re: ActiveHome and DST "tricks"?

On Apr 6, 5:59=A0pm, Rich <r...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have the same issue as you.
>
> My solution is to forget the DST setting and simply update the time in
> the spring and fall. =A0I know it defeats the purpose, but I couldn't
> resolve the time changes when trying to use the DST feature.
>
> Maybe someone else will have a better solution.
>
> On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 12:21:32 -0700 (PDT), MPSAN <emp...@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> >Hello ALL:
>
> >I was wondering if there were any "tricks" to using ActiveHome 3.42
> >and DST.
>
> >Here is the issue.
>
> >I put in the DST dates. DST is required if the Dawn/Dusk times are
> >going to be correct. However, once DST is in effect, it adds 1 hour to
> >the system time. The software should realize that if DST is already in
> >effect, that the system time is already correct, and the time uploaded
> >to the CM11A would be the same as the System time!
>
> >I can, of course uncheck DST, but then the CM11A clock is correct but
> >Dawn/Dusk is wrong.
>
> >I get around this by keeping DST checked and before any updates to the
> >CM11A I set the system time back 1 hour. This is a pain to remember
> >and if I forget the lights come on 1 hour early! Anyone know if there
> >was ever a fix to this, a way around this, or another program I should
> >try? This is, after all, only a CM11A and has very little memory. I
> >mention this as it does not make sense to get a program like HomeSeer
> >that cost a lot more than the CM11A.
>
> >TIA

Rich, the problem is that if you ignore DST settings then Dusk/Dawn
will be wrong. I think that what I am doing is the only work around.
ie: set system to 1 hour early and then update CM11A with DST set.
Then the CM11A clock is correct and dusk/dawn is good. After I
disconnect the CM11A I then set the XP System clock ahead 1 hour again
and all is OK. It is OK if I do not connect the CM11A again and do an
update and forget the above "fix".