Re: Another question about current sense

Technically one mod, the jumer cut, defeats Local Control. The other mod,
the diode cut, stops the leakage current. However if you cut the diode but
not the  jumper on pin 7 of the chip, pin 7 (a high impedance input)
remains connected to a half dozen components, which are now electrically
"floating". That doesn't make "happy time" for the pin 7 input. Some modules
become unstable.  Some may work fine.