Re: need to get audio to other rooms without additional wiring

"Paul" wrote:

> So I want to get whole house audio, or more precisely, whole condo audio.  I
> can't run extra wiring in the place.   I tried a wireless speaker extender,
> but reception was sketchy between opposite sides of the condo and through
> walls.

Paul,

I found the information that I was looking for in reference to this.  It's
Russound's "Avenue" system, consisting of a hub and multiple satellite points
which are connected via PLC (power line carrier).  The system supports up to
six points.  The six points send control signals to select and operate source
components at the hub location.  The hub sends music and metadata (station,
artist, album, etc.) back to the points, where the music is amplified (20W per
channel) and the data displays on a remote touchpad.

The points also have line level output for rooms requiring a larger amp.
There are also facilities for local music sources (i.e., not at the hub) to be
fed into the system.  I haven't listened to it yet but if it's anything like
the rest of Russound's equipment it will be good.

Note that this system is not stand-alone.  It requires a CAV6.6 system as
well.  That makes it a tad on the pricey side.  I don't have pricing on the
Avenue system yet.  I'm not sure what the release date is though the CAV6.6 is
available.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass