Re: IBM bathroom patent symbolic of US patent ills

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 12:38:21 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:20:27 -0600, "Jim Hewitt"
>>"James Arthur" <dagmargoodboat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> The other side is supposed to notice and provide counterpoint.  It's a
>>> good system, but the lawyers have turned it into a caricature.  It
>>> still works amazingly well.  Could be even better, methinks, if both
>>> sides aimed more for truthfulness.
>>
>>Agreed!
>>
>>> But, then again, I've never been selected as a juror...
>>
>>Doubtful I will (allow myself to) be selected again for a jury, after my
>>first experience.
>>
>>Unless it has to do with a patent.  (There, brought us back on topic!)
>
> It's easy to stay off juries... "Hang the SOB" ;-)

I did it the opposite way - it was a drug trial and I just declared
that I'm morally opposed to the unconstitutional "war on drugs." I
should have asked the judge if he'd like to try a landmark Constutional
case, but I was too afraid I'd get in some kind of trouble; my little
sidebar with him was on tape. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich