Re: MR16 LEDs for Landscape Lights

"Jeff Volp"  wrote ...
> That is a good suggestion, but not really feasible for this application.
> These are standard 12VAC landscape lights that accept a single MR16 bulb.
> I did choose the "Warm White" versions (3000-3500K).  While the light
> looks good indoors, it must have a narrow spectrum.  The red crushed rock
> looks a grayish yellow.  However, the rock wall itself does have its
> natural color.

By nature LEDs are narrow spectrum devices.  There are a few tricks used to
create the wider white band but it isn't all that good.

Wikipedia's LED article discusses some of them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LED

Here are some spectra that a person took from several different white LEDs

--
Bill Fuhrmann