Re: OT: Cancer

"Spellcheck Patrol" wrote:

> Robert there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that you will overcome
this obstacle. I wish you the very best of luck defeating this malady,
and expect to be reading posts about a 'modicum of skills' for many
years to come.

> If there is anything that I can do to help make things easier for you
do not hesitate to contact me.

> I'd offer you my prayers but ever since GOD got caller ID he doesn't
pick up when I call.

Thanks, Tom, Bob, Just looking (whoever you are) and Frank.

I'm not giving up yet by a long shot.  I know God can heal me and I trust Him
whatever he decides.  I also know that medicine can't cure this thing.  The
doctors offer no hope - just palliative care to make passing easier.

I trust God for a miracle.  I also know that death is just as inevitable for
me as for everyone else.  The funny thing is I don't feel any particular fear
of death itself although that may change as it gets nearer.  Not being here to
spend all the time and do all the things with my wife that we planned bothers
me.

Most of all, I'm concerned about providing a future for Angela.  I know I can
be an irascible pain at times.  You guys only get to read my rants against
industry ills and (really insignificant) arguments about DIY vs. professional
installation.  You have to know that she is a bona fide saint just for
tolerating me 24x7 all these years.  :^)

Special note to Frank Olson:  Thanks for being the better man.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics