Want a portable dehumidifier to work with heater fan

I want to run a portable dehumidifier with an external dehumidistat
(switch that goes on when the humidity is above a certain level).
And I'd like the furnace fan to go on when the dehumidifier does, to
circulate the air in my house so it'll dehumidify  my whole house.
The dehumidifier has to have a manual control to do this, because
the ones with electronic controls forget their settings when power goes
off, or they have a capacitor so they remember the setting a short time.
Am I right that this would be a simple thing to do?  Can anyone describe
to me how it could be done?  I'd get an electrician to set it up, but I'd
like to get an idea of how it would work.
There are various dehumidistats around.  Honeywell makes one that is
wall-mounted and directly connected to the house wiring, also one that
is an interrupt switch and plugs into a wall outlet.
thanks
Laura