Re: Why would I want to use thermostats with the M1-G?

> I'm not sure.  I've observed that if I change the set point of an
> Enerzone/Aprilaire thermostat it will sometimes change the state of
> the furnace or compressor outputs even if it had just done so.
> Normally it imposes an anti-short-cycle delay--at least if the
> cause of the activation is a change in room temperature.  There
> used to be a DIP switch that selected comfort vs. efficiency and
> had something to do with whether it would respond in this way (it
> was never well documented) but that went away in newer models.

I'll ask their tech support about it.

The alternative, of course, is to use temperature sensors and let the
ELK take care of everything.  For me that would be fine though I'm
not sure my SO would like it.  She loves to mess with it.
Unfortunately, she's the kind of non-technical person who thinks that
when you want to raise / lower the temperature in a hurry you need to
set the stat at its maximum setting.  No amount of explanation seems
to be able to rid her of this notion.  I suspect that somewhere in
early childhood education there's a course that only girls take where
they are given totally bogus information on HVAC, car heaters and
stuff.  :(

If I do go the non-stat route I'll keep the standard stats handy in
case a non-nerd ever want to buy the house.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics