Re: Why would I want to use thermostats with the M1-G?

In article <9Rzlj.20940$9t4.7025@trnddc08>, RobertLBass@xxxxxxxxxxx (Robert L Bass) writes:
| "Dan Lanciani" wrote:
| >
| > Rather than that you might want to have the thermostats tell you
| > when someone makes a change (Enerzone/Aprilaire support that) and
| > then if the change is unacceptable you can restore the set point in
| > 10-15 minutes.  This avoids the uncertainty in how long the manual
| > change can remain in effect and the associated potential for short
| > cycling.
|
| Good point, Dan, but perhaps I wasn't being clear.  I mean to send
| control signals to the stats, instructing them to return to my
| preferred settings -- not to over-ride them.

Yes, I understood.

| That would avoid
| short-cycling, no?

I'm not sure.  I've observed that if I change the set point of an
Enerzone/Aprilaire thermostat it will sometimes change the state of
the furnace or compressor outputs even if it had just done so.
Normally it imposes an anti-short-cycle delay--at least if the cause
of the activation is a change in room temperature.  There used to be a
DIP switch that selected comfort vs. efficiency and had something to do
with whether it would respond in this way (it was never well documented)
but that went away in newer models.

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl@danlan.*com