Re: Digital Tools Help Users Save Energy, Study Finds

Robert Green wrote:
> "Lewis Gardner" <lgardner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>>Robert Green wrote:
>>
>>>(and I KNOW you're old enough to remember the exhaust of a
>>>high compression 1960's V-8!),
>>
>>All other factors being equal a higher compression engine would have
>>lower emissions due to increased efficiency.
>

> That's way beyond niggling.

Blah, blah, blah...

My point is that you tend to throw in "technical" terms like
"compression" and "bore" to make you sound credible when in reality you
don't know much about internal combustion engines.

You continue to downgrade the contribution CFLs can make to the
environment in favor of some pie in the sky grand solution. The fact of
the matter is that cleaning up internal combustion engines has been the
result of many incremental changes. For you to continue to blast away at
CFLs is the equivalent of saying that there is no need for an internal
combustion engine to have PCV since it really needs to run on CNG. In
reality by starting with PCV and adding EFE, EGR, EFI and other TLAs the
internal combustion engine was cleaned up to a degree unimagined in 1960.

A trip of a hundred miles starts with a single step.