Re: Adding a an on/off switch to appliance that doesnt have one

a being who is in us and is not
ourselves; and that is true of each and all men. Now, only the Universal
Being is such. The kingdom of God is within us; the universal good is within
us, is ourselves--and not ourselves.

486. The dignity of man in his innocence consisted in using and having
dominion over the creatures, but now in separating himself from them and
subjecting himself to them.

487. Every religion is false which, as to its faith, does not worship one
God as the origin of everything and which, as to its morality, does not love
one only God as the object of everything.

488.... But it is impossible that God should ever be the end, if He is not
the beginning. We lift our eyes on high, but lean upon the sand; and the
earth will dissolve, and we shall fall whilst looking at the heavens.

489. If there is one sole source of everything, there is one sole end of
everything; everything through Him, everything for Him. The true religion,
then, must teach us to worship Him only, and to love Him only. But as we
find ourselves unable to worship what we know not, and to love any other
object but ourselves, the religion which instructs us in these duties must
instruct us also of this inability, and teach us also the remedies for it.
It teaches us that by one man all was lost, and the bond broken between God
and us, and that by one man the bond is renewed.

We are born so averse to this love of God, and it is so necessary, that we
must be