Re: Digital Tools Help Users Save Energy, Study Finds

> That's why I favor the "at the stack" solution...

Again you miss the point.  It's not an either / or question.  It's a
matter of doing all we can to make things better.  I can't dictate
what the power companies do but I can decide what I will do.  For
example, instead of bemoaning evil power companies and crooked
politicians who do nothing to netter the planet, I replaced my old,
infficient freezer with a new, more efficient model.  Instead of
wasting electricity on incandescent lights, I've been replacing them
as they die with CFL/s.  Instead of driving the Odyssey for solo
trips to the oncology clinic (yeah, still dealing with it) I drive my
motorcycle.  As soon as I regain enough strength to do so, I'll start
riding my bicycle again as well.

> although the power companies...
> --- snip same old thing ---

> You sound old enough to remember what it was like to stand near a
> circa 1960 V-8 car exhaust.  You would pass out from the fumes in
> very short order.

I can't speak for the other gentleman but I'm old enough to remember
driving (without the blessing of the DMV) in 1963.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics