Re: Digital Tools Help Users Save Energy, Study Finds

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Sounds interesting.  Since Allelectronics has some sort of Hall effect
>sensor for 50 cents each, I just ordered a few.  I wonder if the Ocelot will
>be able to read them directly or whether I need some additional drive
>circuitry?  Have you seen any sample circuit designs?
>
>http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/item/SS-19T/search/HALL-EFFECT_MAGNETI
>C_POSITION_SENSOR_.html

You'll need the specific current sensing sensors which are not the same as
the things you've bought. Allegro has example circuits. These range from
SOIC-8 chips to much larger devices. Google on "Allegro current sensor" or
just follow the crumbs to...

http://www.allegromicro.com/en/Products/Categories/Sensors/currentsensor.asp

http://davehouston.net  http://davehouston.org