Re: Digital Tools Help Users Save Energy, Study Finds

"Dave Houston" wrote:

> The media tends to distort the facts to fit their preconceptions...

And you find that improper?  Hmm.  :^)

> The Kill A Watt meter, now available from Smarthome for under $25
> will let
> you monitor a specific appliance. It's been around for quite some
> time
> although it cost about $60 when introduced. The same nitwits who
> now attack
> me for questioning CFL statistics viciously attacked my review here
> of the
> Kill A Watt when it was first introduced...

Must have been some other nitwits.  I don't even recall your
"review".

> One of them even referred to Home Energy Magazine, published by
> folks from Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, as an "obscure
> west coast magazine" when it published an article I wrote on the
> Kill A Watt (at their request BTW).

In comparison to widely circulated periodicals, it is indeed an
obscure West Coast magazine.  Did you think you were writing for the
New York Times?

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass