Re: Open Source

Misterhouse might fit the bill: http://misterhouse.sf.net/

> Zensys (Z-Wave) charges a hefty fee for their SDK and requires an NDA so
> it's unlikely you will find open source for it although there are a couple
> of vendors who do document the protocols for their Z-Wave controllers (but
> not for the Z-Wave protocol itself).

I've only found the info for talking to Leviton's RS232 interface and
as Dave has said, not for the Z-Wave info itself. It appears to be
usable as others are using it. I only have one device (a Lamp module)
and it does have a few quirks.

> Insteon doesn't charge much for their SDK but they also have a very
> restrictive license. The initial license prohibited any discussion of
> hardware, software, protocol, performance, et al. The current license has
> softened the restrictions but I'm not sure whether they will allow open
> source.

The impression I've been getting is that they have not been
discouraging the Open Source and they know about it. Of course that's
no the same as supporting it but it's still OK. I doubt a project
would last long if someone were to post the entire SDK. That they
might take offense to.

> http://davehouston.net  http://davehouston.org
> roZetta-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dave's Rozetta device is an interesting project (which is why I left
the sig in tact) that you should look into (the OP not Dave ;-). Below
is my web site with a bunch of open source information. To see the
whole thing go directly to this link:

http://www.linuxha.com/athome/index.html

That should cut down on the number of clicks. :-)

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx