Re: Digital Tools Help Users Save Energy, Study Finds

"John J. Bengii" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> 1969 Olds Cutlass, 350 wide V block, 4 barrel, 13.2:1 compression
> ratio. Needed a turret and a gun on the front, nice car.

At least it's clear *you* get it.  The high compression V-8 monsters of the
'60's were one of kind.  My Ford (a recycled cop car) had an Interceptor 428
with beefed up forged-steel connecting rods, 360 horsepower @ 10.5:1, an
aluminum intake and a high performance camshaft.  I got only 7MPG but could
hit 140MPH on the straight-away.  Even before the rings began to wear out,
it could produce an exhaust cloud that could knock someone right off their
feet.  I had to drive home after I hit something in the road and tore upon
the muffler.  It sounded like I was driving a B-29.  Up until that point I
had no idea how loud a car engine could be.  I wish that I had the sort of
printout that the State emission test centers now produce.  My bet is that
it wouldn't pass - nor would any large engine of that era.

Of course, what any of this has to do with measuring the consumption of
electrical energy in the home is still a mystery to me.

--
Bobby G.