Re: shielding low voltage wire, running low voltage wires aside 12-2 romex

Wrapping the signal cable with aluminum foil and grounding it will
assist in blocking capacitive induction but will not help with
magnetic induction. These cables are all rated for close encounters
with low voltage residential power circuits. They are insulated,
shielded, differential mode inputs sensing and/or terminated with low
impedance ends to assist with noise reduction. Cripes we run signal
cables through 3000 ampere, 14kV switchgear and have very little
problems with it. Don't wrap it around or tie it to the other cable
though.