Panasonic BLC-30/BLC-131 versus BLC-1/BLC-20

All the above are IP network cameras for home monitoring. The BLC-30
and the later BLC-131 feature remote pan/tilt while the BLC-131 also
features sound and MPEG-4 streaming. However...

I have found that the cheaper BLC-1 (wired) and the BLC-20 (wired and
wireless) provide much better pictures for far less money. No remote
pan/tilt - but superior images every time. In fact I would go so far
as to say that the cheapest BLC-1 offers the best bang for the buck.
These units are great for keeping an eye on pets and babies etc. And
who wants wireless devices near babies? Not I. If you don't want to
run loads of Ethernet cables, the Netgear Powerline units are fine
alternatives (Ethernet over domestic mains wiring - and it works great
too).

http://www.netgear.com/Products/PowerlineNetworking/PowerlineEthernetAdapters.aspx

For example - where I live you can almost buy three BLC-1s for the
cost of a single BLC-131.

You can see all the network cams here:

http://panasonic.co.jp/pcc/products/en/netwkcam/

But I don't work for Panasonic or Netgear. I'm just an end-user who
has all the stuff discussed herein.

I hope this is helpful.

Helen