[no subject]

> WHAT has been "published"?...

Not much so far.  In interviews Kanzius and others have only stated
that the device released hydrogen from salt water.  Kanzius has made
none of the usual BS claims one expects of "water to energy" devices
like the garbage sold in PopMech and PopSci classified ads.  In fact,
he has a record of philanthropy.  He seems to be genuinely trying to
do something good.

> I only see BS about"salt water fuel" and about
> "burning salt water" after applying RF to it, with
> no claims about the amount of RF energy
> absorbed or the amount of energy released by
> the burning.

Kanzius never said anything about "burning salt water."  That's news
reporter BS.

> Anyone can trivially reproduce the effect of burning
> salt water by applying microwaves to it...

Unless I missed something he didn't use microwaves.

>>> Can you point at any papers describing the physics
>>> or chemistry of the process you're talking about?
>>
>> No.  Kanzius has not yet released detailed information about the
>> energy related aspects of his invention.  It looks as though his
>> primary goal remains using the technology for cancer treatment.
>> Since he really is fighting for his life, that's understandable.
>> The ability to release hydrogen gas from salt water was apparently
>> discovered by accident.  If this turns out to be efficient enough
>> to be commercially viable and he lives to reap the rewards, he's
>> going to be one very rich man.
>
> Don't bet on this being any kind of energy source.  Either the guy
> is utterly deluded, or the press has completely misunderstood what
> he has actually done.  I won't be able to tell which of these is
> the case until I can read a scientific paper that describes his
> process and claims.

That may take some time.  If the thing is useful and he decided to
patent it the process can be time consuming.  Given his health
situation, he might not be the one who patents it.  I don't say that
facetiously.  I hope the guy recovers but the prognosis, according to
one MD Anderson researcher, isn't very good.

Whether this device amounts to a hill of beans for energy production
or not, it sure would be great if they're able to use it for its
intended purpose.  We'll have to wait and see, no?

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics