Re: X-10 Broadcast Storm Detector

news:46dd55c7.995053531@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >Whatever happened to Brian?
>
> I think his interest waned after he closed his online (and offline) HA
> related store. His expertise is missed.
>
> He does peek in now and then using a different identity.

That's good.  I bought some stuff from him and he was very helpful in
getting a very generous and speedy exchange for a defective unit.  I do
recall he faced more than his fair share of gas from some of the more
gaseous posters here.

The big decision for this morning is "do I cut the ESM1 cord at the halfway
point, close to the head or close to the wall wart?"  Decisions, decisions.
(-:

(As for unrelated threads, the IRTRANS still sits in its box.  I was having
trouble with it picking up a continuous stream of bad signals which I
tentatively traced to the Fujitsu's 3400 Tablet PC's screen reflecting off
my eyeglasses.  It turns out that with the arrival of the HACS 8X8 Matrix
switcher my need to coordinate various remotes via the IRTRANS really fell
off.  I'll still get around to working with it as it has a load of very
interesting features but I am reluctant to spend any more time tweaking the
house AV since we'll be moving and I am not quite sure how HDTV is going to
effect all of this.
I'll also have to find a different platform to run it with if it turns out
the Fujitsu is really the source of the stray data.  I didn't do any
extensive tests once the matrix switcher arrived.  Thanks again to Frank
from Oz for lead on that unit.   It solved problems that I didn't even know
I had.)

--
Bobby G.