Re: Conduits in a trench

42 wrote:
> I will be having two conduits in a trench. One will be have 4 conductors,
> 220vac + neutral + ground. The second will have probably 2 cat 5/6 for phone
> and possibly HA and a RG6 for cable TV.
> The trench is 24" wide. If I keep the two conduits on opposite sides of the
> trench while backfilling, will the 24" of soil be enough to prevent
> interference problems. I could dig 2 trenches yards apart, but of course I'd
> rather not. The total length is about 125'. They will be 3'-4' underground.
> TIA

That should be fine.  I've done the same thing with a 16" trench and
didn't have any problems.  Cat 5/6 uses balanced pairs which are pretty
immune to interference.  RG6 is, of course, shielded.  If what you've
hooked the 240vac up to produces too much interference, you can always
use shielded cat 5/6 but I doubt you'll have to.
--

Larry
rapp at lmr dot com