Re: Need more input

> Unless there is a lot of automation to be done my inclination would be to
> use one Elk M1 located at the main residence and have RS485 bus devices at
> both of the outbuildings. This should require 4 Lantronix device servers.
> It might be possible to do it with 3 but I am not sure if one device
> server can handle two virtual serial connections.

Thanks for the response.  However a bit confused here.  If I am using the
RS485 to communicate between buildings why would I need to convert with the
Lantronix device servers.  I would think I would just have to connect to the
network with Ethernet card provided by Elk the ELK-M1XEP.  Or am I missing
something???  Is there some advantage to what you are suggesting??

TIA

Les