Re: Need more input

RadioRA is the most expensive lighting solution of those you listed.
Reliability is a function of density. Lutron recommends a repeater evey 25'.

Insteon has good reliability as far as PLC control and is the least
expensive of those you mentioned. But there are also some quality control
(and design) problems so your choice probably depends on what the customer
is willing to spend and whether you want to avoid callbacks. My personal
experience with their ToggleLinc V2 switches has been good. I was not happy
with the first (pre-Insteon) Togglelinc version.

If price is not a factor and walls are still open, I would look at hardwired
(or combo) systems like...

     http://davehouston.org/hardwire.htm

Clipsal C-Bus is relatively new in the US but has a long history and
excellent reputation in Australia, NZ and Europe. I've played with some of
their wireless hardware and the quality is first class (as is the price).

You can use fiber or WiFi for communication between the locations but it may
take a bit of integration and some DIYing.

http://davehouston.net  http://davehouston.org