Re: TV pre-wire question.....

John Morley wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm prewiring a new addition for a wall-mounted flat screen TV. The
> cable box, TiVo, DVD player, etc., will be located in a cabinet against
> another wall. My question is what cable(s) will need to be run between
> the video source (the "boxes"), and the TV itself?

I depends on how you want this system to work.

Due to the distance between the source equipment and the display I would
do most (if not all) of the switching at a receiver located with the
source equipment. If you do this you will not need as many cables going
to the TV. While you didn't mention a receiver I would put one in so you
can have surround sound which is quite nice. I recommend Yamaha
receivers because of their room filling 5 channel stereo mode that makes
even the oldest source material "come alive".

At a minimum I install 1 RG6 and 2 cat5 cables to any TV. In this case
more would be better. While you can run just about any signal over cat5
the baluns required to do so get expensive.

A little more information about your goal and equipment would be helpful.