Re: Xmas is early - with LED lights

AZ Woody <reply@here> wrote in news:472fe686$0$10298$815e3792
@news.qwest.net:

> Ok, so it's only the beginning of Nov, but I'm staring early!
>
> Got a couple strings of LED lights.  (60 on a string, Phillips, from
> Target).
>
> In the past, I've used indi C7's and used a std X10 lamp module.  No
> problem..
>
> Tried the lamp mod with the LEDs, and they don't go off (still dimly lit
> when off), so I tried a Appliance Mod - Same thing!
>
> These are old modules I keep with the Xmas stuff, and I don't mind doing
> some "surgery".
>
> Ya think this is a "local control" issue with the modules?  If so,
> what's the website that tells you how to hack the module? (I've lost it
> long ago...)
>
> I know I could probably add an inci light and draw enough power to make
> this work, but that's kind of against the reason I'm using LEDs!
>
> Merry Xmas! (like two months early!)

This is due to the current for local control.  If you don't want to put a
small light in parallel with the string (a 7.5 watt night light is
sufficient), then you might consider adding more strings of lights.

The alternative is to cut the wire that supplies the current for the local
control feature.  This is different from cutting the signal that enables
local control.  This information is available someplace on a web site, but
make sure that you get the right information.

Try http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-x10/thread.cgi?1532,1

--
Ian Shef     805/F6      *    These are my personal opinions
Raytheon Company         *    and not those of my employer.