Xmas is early - with LED lights

Ok, so it's only the beginning of Nov, but I'm staring early!

Got a couple strings of LED lights.  (60 on a string, Phillips, from
Target).

In the past, I've used indi C7's and used a std X10 lamp module.  No
problem..

Tried the lamp mod with the LEDs, and they don't go off (still dimly lit
when off), so I tried a Appliance Mod - Same thing!

These are old modules I keep with the Xmas stuff, and I don't mind doing
some "surgery".

Ya think this is a "local control" issue with the modules?  If so,
what's the website that tells you how to hack the module? (I've lost it
long ago...)

I know I could probably add an inci light and draw enough power to make
this work, but that's kind of against the reason I'm using LEDs!

Merry Xmas! (like two months early!)