Surveillance camera wiring

My intent was to set up a surveillance camera and put it on one of my
cable channels to view it.  I know I need to get some sort of
modulator or even get it built in like the ones Net Media offers.

I have some questions though about the video signal.  A camera such as
the Sanyo vcc-4794 has a BNC connector for the video output.  I was
planning to connect this to a coax cable to bring it from my garage to
my house.  Is this signal  from the camera the same as the video
component of RCA cables?

Is a coax cable the best choice or should I just run a single wire
equivalent to the RCA video wire?   Many of the modulators take in RCA
and put them on coax but I just want to make sure I buy the right
stuff.

Any information would be great.