Roomba DirtDog

Got a Roomba DirtDog robotic sweeper today from Fry's for $90, shipping
included.  Very impressive.  Clearly this is an evolutionary product.
They've got a little corner "whip" brush that does an adequate (although not
spectacular) job of get stuff of corners.  Swept up cloth swatches, peanut
shells, bottle caps, tissues, dog kibble, tons of dog hair and other debris
without incident.  Choked on a paper towel, though.  NiMH quick charging
battery pack, a much larger bin than the first units I saw, cliff sensors,
status beeps, very interestingly designed spring-loaded wheels, each with
their own motor.

The dogs just love it - I think I'll be able to win a prize on America's
Funniest Home videos just filming their reaction.  Since it "bumps" them and
"runs away" it follows the basics of dog chasing.

Best part?  It cleans under the bed without moving it!!

--
Bobby G.