Re: Recording X-10 PLC sequences

news:4656a780.1420640@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I finally got my network fixed and have now added a photo showing the
> connections to make on the bottom of the ESM1 circuit board to add a 3.5mm
> stereo connector for recording via soundcard Line-In.
>
>      http://davehouston.net/ESM1-TEST.htm

Nice work!

> I've also prototyped a stand-alone module that does the same thing. It
works
> with 90-250VAC and doesn't need an ESM1. There's a brief description
here...

>      http://davehouston.net/analyzer.htm
>
> Since it involves mains voltage, I think the latter needs to be sold
> assembled and tested rather than as a DIY kit. If there's adequate
interest,

I'm certainly interested in several.  Will it run from a wall wart or have a
built-in PS like the Monterey?

> I'll work out the cost, design a circuit board and see if I can find
someone
> to assemble and distribute them. I think it can sell for $25-30 including
> all cables (in N. America).
>
> P.S. There's no real need for the ZC signal since the wave editors have
time
> scales. Connecting both tip & ring to pin 18 of the ESM1 PIC eliminates
the
> 60Hz hum.

I'd try this mod, but I like my ESM1 - my soldering's not got enough to
handle the job, I'm afraid.  But I'll happily commit to whatever $75 will
eventually buy!

I'm assuming that there will be lots of interesting stuff that can be done
to analyze the signals once they've been captured to disk.

--
Bobby G.