Re: Serial IR receiver problem

On 26 Maj, 13:15, nob...@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dave Houston) wrote:
> Can you give us some design details about the IR receiver? Is it one of
> those shown on the Winlirc web page?
>
> My guess is the AU-600 is putting out EMI which is affecting the IR
> receiver. Try physically separating them as much as possible.

Thanks for yor reply.

Yes it's a circuit from the winlirc web page: http://www.lirc.org/images/schematics.gif.

I tried to use a longer cable to the skype adapter, separating them
with about 3 meters - no change.

I also tried to move the skype adapter to an externaly powered USB
hub, but nothing changed.

I also moved the skype adapter to another computer (a laptop) to rule
out EMI interference. I put it close to the computer with the IR
device and close to the IR device itself. This didn't affect the IR
device at all, so it's some "internal"
mayham with the com-port and USB.

The error is very consistent in itself. Connect the skype adatper and
the IR will only recognize one signal out of about 20 or so.
Disconnect the skype adapter and the IR device will recognize all
signals transmitted from the remote.

I'm puzzled...