Re: X-10 AV switcher

news:46509f3d.262977390@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I think you are reading more into the Global Cache description than it can
> do. AFAIK it cannot translate codes.

I think you're right.  I saw listings for "converters" but it's just for
cabling.

> You can use an Ocelot as a translator.

To get the Ocelot to learn codes reliably, I followed Guy Lavoie's
admonition to use one second long button presses.  While that seemed to work
in *most* cases, the time lag it induced was not within acceptable limits.

What I would want is something that can recognize an IR command and spit out
another one as fast as the IR232 can convert Sony IR to serial text
messages.  What I will likely do is get an RS232 enabled AV switcher and use
one of the unused remote devices to send codes to the IR232 to command both
the security MUX and the AV switcher.

The insidious problem in this approach may be that I don't think that either
the SAT or CABLE device memories have any number codes I can enter that will
produce SONY IR output codes, the only kind that the IR232 seems to be able
to read.  I suppose I'll have to try a "code search" to see if wither CAT or
CABLE can produce IR signals I can use or to loo

"Can't find the server at www.irtrans.de." says two different web browsers
--
Bobby G.