X-10 AV switcher

Anyone know of a COTS (or easy to construct) X-10 based 4, 6 or 8 channel AV
switcher capable of taking the typical yellow-red-white RCA type AV
connectors?  Those are the kind found on VCRs and such and I want to switch
them, cascade style via a "pulse" from X-10 controller.  I want to be able
to remotely switch a DVD player, the front door cam, the doggie cam and the
VCR into a NEC AV monitor.

I'm using a 4 input autosense box from RatShack that occasionally goes
senseless and selects the wrong source and has no provision for a remote.  I
have two different IR remote switchers that my learning remote has been
unable to learn.  I could get by with a unit that could "learn" an IR code
the way my remote drape control works.  Put it in "learn mode" and then
press an infrequently used key your TV remote and the controller would cycle
each time it saw that single learned command.  Cycling through the inputs
would be all I would need.

The key requirement is that this can't generate the need for another remote
or even learning another remote IR command - my learning remote is very much
maxed out.  I still have two free "devices" CABLE and SAT I don't use in my
setup (no cable box, no satellite!) that I could use to control a lot of
gear if I could translate those codes quickly into something an IR
controlled device like a switchbox, a fan, or even my AC window unit can
read

I've been looking at the Global Cache units

http://www.globalcache.com/products/ir-index.html

that appears to be able to easily translate IR codes from one device to
another and it sounds like I might be able to hack something together with
relays and such, but I probably could do that with a multiple pole 6 or 8
position stepper relay.  I'd much rather find the two contact points to
short on the Radio Shack or the Emerson or TargMart switchers and connect
them to a universal module.  I have a whole "bank" of IR codes available on
the SAT memory and I'd like to put them to use.  The video switcher is one
use, and I'd like to make every remote capable of activating a house-wide
speaker phone and maybe even arm the alarm.

The ability to make the remote independent of the device would be nice.
What I don't want is excessive latency.  More than a fraction of a second
become noticeable.  Anything close to a second is unworkable.  If it takes
too long for a translator to respond, the user begins pressing other keys
and pandemonium results.

--
Bobby G.