Re: Universal Remote Help!

sean.britts@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>I have 3 Toshiba Televisions in a Media Room, two identical 32" sets
>and one 72" DLP set. All three respond to remote inputs, and I cannont
>devise a way around this. I am thinking an RF universal remote, that
>can control emitters independently, would this set up work? If so,
>what remote system is capable of handling this feat?
>
>Thanks for any advice!
>-Sean

The only commercial setup I'm aware is going to be costly. You will need a
Pronto remote capable of sending RF (TSU3000 or TSU7000) and three of their
RFX6000 extenders. The extenders each have their own address and will only
relay codes addressed to their address. You would then have stick-on
emitters from each extender to its associated TV.

You can save quite a bit if you can find a refurbished TSU3000 (BW) remote.
The newer color TSU7000 remotes are pricey (again you can save a bit if you
can find a refurb).

I'm not recommending any specific dealer but here's a link to a dealer so
you can get an idea of costs. $900 for the TSU7000 and $120 each for the
extenders.

     http://www.prontopros.com/pronto-pro-tsu7000.html

I haven't followed this closely lately so I'm not familiar with the TSU7500.
It looks like it might also work while costing a bit less than the TSU7000.