Re: extending range of wireless net

Update:

I found the $10 RatShack antennas - bad news is they were "discontinued"
last fall!, and while a few might be available, I'd have to drive to the
other end of the state! (not really, but a good hour each way...)

But the sales guy I finally called said "but there's another replacement
- same 7db gain (the guy must have missed his "talk cell phones and sat
TV only" training!)

They're $29, and I can pick them up (in stock) 5 minutes away, or spend
a couple hours driving to get the $10 ones...

I got to wonder why Linksys (now really cisco) doesn't just include the
better antennas!  It might cost them $.01 cent more per unit.

Heck, I think back when a nic card cost $300 (3C501), so I guess I
shouldn't complain about $19!  :)