Re: Ideas for a DIY ramp

"Robert L Bass" <no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms> wrote in message
news:86GdnR9TMezS3tvbnZ2dnUVZ_hudnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Here's one that's intended for retrofitting into a van.  The
> company says they will make whatever length you need.
> It would require a 12VDC power supply but that's no
> real problem.
>
> http://www.rollaramp.com/pdf-brochures/MiniFold-200606.pdf

Thanks Robert, I'd come across the folding van ramps while chasing Bruce's
search. I'm thinking it should be possible to build something out of plywood
and 2x4s with some springs to help with the lift. The hardest part will be
getting the springs right, so that they stay locked when open. I wouldn't
want to launch someone with the 'ejector ramp'.